Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Market Sharing with Damion Matthews: PART 2


EDITOR'S NOTE: This is PART 2 of our "Market Sharing" Q&A series with Damion Matthews, a luxury real estate agent in San Francisco and editor of SFLuxe.com. If you missed PART 1, you can read it here.

The Elan Report: Where do you see the luxury market in the city heading in the next year?

Damion Matthews: San Francisco's luxury market has remained relatively sheltered from all the housing issues of the past few years. Prices have fallen, of course, but sale activity has remained steady. I don't see activity either rising or falling in any dramatic fashion, and I don't see sudden shifts occurring in pricing either.

TER: What amenities are your affluent clients looking for in a vacation home?

DM: Views are always number one. If the residence doesn't have a major view, forget about it. After that, they want to be close to the downtown area and really feel like they're in the middle of all the action.

TER: What makes Alta Collina so unusual as a fractional residence?

DM: The first thing I saw when I walked into the home was the bay. It was a clear, sunny day, and the bay was just mesmerizing.

Even though I've lived in the city my entire life, I still took a minute to stop what I was doing and enjoy the view. There's just nothing like it in the United States! You're in the heart of San Francisco, right at the base of Coit Tower, and yet when you go out to one of the balconies, you feel as if you're in a secluded Mediterranean resort.

TER: Who do you see as your ideal buyer of Alta Collina?

DM: That's a tough question because I believe a wide variety of people will enjoy it. I will say that the beautiful setting of the home makes it ideal for anyone looking for a romantic vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment